Ground Beef Recall Expanded

Snip!>>>>

I'd love some, thank you! C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Charlie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yeah, one must ALWAYS put great weight (weight goes with size, of course) on length of residency in any given newsgroup. Nevermind those naysayers who will say length of residency is proof of a life wasted. They're just jellus.

Well, I'm back home at least. Hopefully I'll have a garden next year, too. Thanks for asking. There're no Master Gardeners in this county, though. They've been decimated by funding cuts apparently. :(

Reply to
FragileWarrior

On 10/5/07 7:52 AM, in article fe58hv$m1a$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com, "FragileWarrior" though. They've been decimated by funding cuts apparently. :(

Talk to me in the spring if you want more plants.

Cheryl Isaak

This is such a colossal waste of time. Who give a shit.

Reply to
Jangchub

Jangchub wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

"Who give a shit"? Is that a Buddhist saying?

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Trumps in what way? I have my own answers to this question, but I'm interested in yours.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

No, it's a composter's saying.

Reply to
doofy

I'm thinking that maybe it's done in different ways. What a concept. We certainly wouldn't want to descend into Om logic and claim it's done the same way everywhere, just because cousin Clevis does it a certain way.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It is called a humane killer,. How it works I do not know.

Richard M. Watkin.

Reply to
R M. Watkin

doofy wrote in news:470643ca$0$79873 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net:

Hopefully composters will use better English and proper punctuation.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"FragileWarrior" >>>>what you are reading. I did NOT mention a disease. You are the one

JoeSpareBedroom

What I said but you know.

Reply to
doofy

Billy expounded:

We all know who she is referring to.

When all else fails, attack your subject's intelligence.

So unlike Billy's own huge ego.

Bullshit.

Either you all agree with Billy or you're all idiots.

He really cares about gardening, you can tell, because occasionally he mentions a carrot or tomato [eyeroll]

Reply to
Ann

Um, that's not his ego...

Reply to
doofy

;-D

Reply to
Omelet

Problem is worst with factory chubs. Too many cows being sent down the line, inevitably a few are going to get their gut contents spilled into the meat.

Either buy in-store ground, or grind your own.

Most recipes that call for ground beef are improved by substituting cubed. Not difficult to do yourself with a sharp, well-maintained knife. Can't understand why ground beef is so popular here.

Reply to
Ferd Farkel

"FragileWarrior" >>>>what you are reading. I did NOT mention a disease. You are the one

And can remember that they were the one who asked for an explanation in the first place.

Reply to
FarmI

Dunno, but Wiki has the following:

FarmI

You be right, as usual, C. Dawg.

Reply to
Billy

The point is this...... DONT MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS ON ANYONE. This group has been around a long time, we are like a "neighborhood" in that we care about the health and welfare of each person. For some people gardening is a major part of their lives, a major part of their physical and mental health, it certainly was for my mother. Not everyone is as fortunate as my mother to live in one place for 60 years and pass plants to nearly everyone in the "hood", gradually acquire life long gardening friends. This newsgroup is that equivalent. And like all groups of friends (and relatives) it takes a lot of tolerance and patience to get along over the long haul. Because most of the long timers, the backbone of this group are women, this group reflects more the way women relate which includes discussing a lot of other things and that is what bonds us together. Gardening questions ARE answered right away. But unlike a group sitting around in this format we can carry on multiple conversations. And anybody doesnt want to discuss something has the ability to delete it, just not "listen". Anyone finds it distressing to be in a forum where topics other than gardening are being discussed needs to find a strictly moderated forum then.

While I may agree with you about Bush, I do not agree with personal attacks. And typically, the way groups of people deal with those who arent going to "play nice" is to "shun" them, the equivalent of the killfile. This is exactly what happened in my mothers neighborhood when the woman who moved in next door decided to make my mothers life miserable and the hood found out about it. The nasty women next door was shunned by the hood, and the women in the hood rallied around my mother to support her. Ingrid

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:58:59 -0700, Billy wrote: I'm here for gardening. If this is a

Reply to
dr-solo