Ground Beef Recall Expanded

And I was wondering if you were talking about cauliflower in Indian.

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Yep. I wondered if you were an angler and had been deluged by gobis, in invasive thing brought here in the bilges of cargo ships from Europe.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote in news:4704f1a7$0$1342$ snipped-for-privacy@reader.greatnowhere.com:

You're insane.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote in news:4704ee68$0$1341$ snipped-for-privacy@reader.greatnowhere.com:

Two people plonking... deafening? How so?

BTW, did it ever occur to anyone to take all their piss-poor health issues to EMAIL rather than air their crappy laundry in a public newsgroup?

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"FragileWarrior"

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I have for the most part. Wheat, and anything related to it.

Rice and Corn are fine.

Reply to
Omelet

Vindaloooooo, Lucy, vindaloooooooo.

Reply to
doofy

I don't know. I"m not feeling to well myself. ;-)

Reply to
doofy

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 15:06:49 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Reply to
Charlie

I'm not sure who you are referring to Ingrid. Ann is clever and knows lots of stuff but she isn't very smart. The other one is just is a narcissist who needs to be stroked. I'm here for gardening. If this is a popularity contest, I'm not playing. If readers of this NG are offended by my observation that Bush, and his administration, are fascist bastards they should killfile me and go back to watching Fox News.

So what worked in your garden this year and what didn't?

Reply to
Billy

What I have seen, and done, in real life is a .22 LR in the center of the X formed between the ears and eyes. The cow dropped instantly.

Real life trumps a documentary every time.

Charlie

"She looked at me, uncomprehendingly, like cows at a passing train" ~Don Henley

Reply to
Charlie

thank you Ingrid. I don't sweat the stuff. I know who I am and I know my character. I don't need approval from people who read a few posts and make a decision on who they think I am.

Jangchub

Reply to
Jangchub

I'm wondering...where is the gardening discussion in this post you made? I think Bush is a war criminal, along with Rumsfeld,Cheney and everyone involved in the lie.

Reply to
Jangchub

Did it once. Still makes me sick to think about it.

Reply to
Billy

Yes, but you did it. I am a firm believer in doing for oneself. I get no pleasure from the killing, but if I am going to consume meat, I should be able to kill. I don't do much of it now, but I can and am prepared to do so again.

We eat seeds and grains and vegetables that we raise and then either rip the fruit from the living plant and devour their living flesh or eat seeds and grains, along with the life that resides in them.

Life begets life. Those who think that they abstain from killing or participating in killing by being vegan, or vegetarian, or whatever, are fooling themselves.

Care Brother Charlie

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love ~Robert Heinlein

Reply to
Charlie

No indeed bleeeding out is not quick.

But I still believe stunning before bleeding out is a better way of killing. Animals which are killed in the conventional method are kept calm as animals that are upset produce more carcases which get called "dark cutters". This means that the meat loses value - no abattoir aims to do that as its a loss of profits.

Cattle killed in an Abattoir are stunned as soon as they walk through the door and then bled out. It's painless.

Reply to
FarmI

They do when hit with the stunner in an abattoir too although I don't know what mechanism it uses to drop them.

Reply to
FarmI

Yes I have already gathered that such is your opinion. It's your statements that are either illogical or based on misinformation or poor comprehension skills or are simply incorrect which that are keeping me posting on this thread.

If I am wrong in

That is not what you wrote at all. You wrote that it is more humane to slaughter an animal under Rabbinical law.

But you buy them for your husband so long as you think the slaughter is "more humane". Dead is dead and the more humane way to kill an animal is to stun it before allowing it to bleed out.

Reply to
FarmI

Yes it is getting silly but that is because you haven't understood what you are reading. I did NOT mention a disease. You are the one who has interpreted my mention of a "condition" as being a "disease". You were even corrected by someone who replied to your post and told you that it I used the word "condition" not "disease" but you appear not to taken any notice of that.

Reply to
FarmI