Ground Beef Recall Expanded

Page 8 of 14
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote in

<eyeroll>
Two people plonking... deafening? How so?
BTW, did it ever occur to anyone to take all their piss-poor health issues to EMAIL rather than air their crappy laundry in a public newsgroup?
FragileWarrior wrote:

I don't know. I"m not feeling to well myself. ;-)
On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 15:06:49 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Oh dear me, then we couldn't discuss CCRIS, or in the vernacular... W Syndrome. This adds legitimacy to what has been so roundly denounced lately.
Also looks like, in guy language, the old whose-pecker-is-bigger-contest. "BG, I been round here ten years, that makes my thingie, and thusly, my post, the biggest and weightiest."
Such is life.
Hope your move went well and life is going well.
Care Charlie
Charlie wrote in

Yeah, one must ALWAYS put great weight (weight goes with size, of course) on length <hee hee... I said "length"> of residency in any given newsgroup. Nevermind those naysayers who will say length <hee> of residency is proof of a life wasted. They're just jellus.

Well, I'm back home at least. Hopefully I'll have a garden next year, too. Thanks for asking. There're no Master Gardeners in this county, though. They've been decimated by funding cuts apparently. :(
On 10/5/07 7:52 AM, in article fe58hv$m1a$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com,
snip

Talk to me in the spring if you want more plants.
wrote: snip

Thanks, Cheryl. The transplants are doing well and beginning to take off. I'm debating whether to winter them inside or let them stay out in a western NY winter.
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

I'm not sure who you are referring to Ingrid. Ann is clever and knows lots of stuff but she isn't very smart. The other one is just is a narcissist who needs to be stroked. I'm here for gardening. If this is a popularity contest, I'm not playing. If readers of this NG are offended by my observation that Bush, and his administration, are fascist bastards they should killfile me and go back to watching Fox News.
So what worked in your garden this year and what didn't?
--
FB - FFF

Billy

I'm wondering...where is the gardening discussion in this post you made? I think Bush is a war criminal, along with Rumsfeld,Cheney and everyone involved in the lie.

We all know who she is referring to.

When all else fails, attack your subject's intelligence.

So unlike Billy's own huge ego.

Bullshit.
He really cares about gardening, you can tell, because occasionally he mentions a carrot or tomato [eyeroll]
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Ann wrote:

Um, that's not his ego...

;-D
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
The point is this...... DONT MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS ON ANYONE. This group has been around a long time, we are like a "neighborhood" in that we care about the health and welfare of each person. For some people gardening is a major part of their lives, a major part of their physical and mental health, it certainly was for my mother. Not everyone is as fortunate as my mother to live in one place for 60 years and pass plants to nearly everyone in the "hood", gradually acquire life long gardening friends. This newsgroup is that equivalent. And like all groups of friends (and relatives) it takes a lot of tolerance and patience to get along over the long haul. Because most of the long timers, the backbone of this group are women, this group reflects more the way women relate which includes discussing a lot of other things and that is what bonds us together. Gardening questions ARE answered right away. But unlike a group sitting around in this format we can carry on multiple conversations. And anybody doesnt want to discuss something has the ability to delete it, just not "listen". Anyone finds it distressing to be in a forum where topics other than gardening are being discussed needs to find a strictly moderated forum then.
While I may agree with you about Bush, I do not agree with personal attacks. And typically, the way groups of people deal with those who arent going to "play nice" is to "shun" them, the equivalent of the killfile. This is exactly what happened in my mothers neighborhood when the woman who moved in next door decided to make my mothers life miserable and the hood found out about it. The nasty women next door was shunned by the hood, and the women in the hood rallied around my mother to support her. Ingrid
I'm here for gardening. If this is a

thank you Ingrid. I don't sweat the stuff. I know who I am and I know my character. I don't need approval from people who read a few posts and make a decision on who they think I am.
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 08:49:28 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

Eggs, dairy, soy, vitamn pill.
Jangchub wrote:

Soy does not have B12. Your article said "fortified soy". It is artificially added there.
Eggs and dairy are not part of a vegan diet, and I'm unsure whether they contain B12.
doofy wrote:

According to a web search, dairy does have B12. Now, are they lumping eggs into the dairy category, like many do? I don't know.

Probably just because of where eggs are found in most grocery stores: The dairy department, or close to it.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I've had a vegan confuse that term to me. Him: "Avoid all dairy." Me: "I'm allergic to dairy, but I do eat eggs." Him: "Eggs is dairy." Me: "Cow's don't lay eggs."

How old was this particular vegan?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

In his 60's (looks a lot younger except the eyes), and a very, very avid long distance backpacker.