Ground Beef Recall Expanded

Page 12 of 14
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I'm talking burdock, you're talking....fish.
On 10/4/07 10:15 AM, in article 4704f575$0$79907$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net,

And I was wondering if you were talking about cauliflower in Indian.
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Vindaloooooo, Lucy, vindaloooooooo.
On 10/4/07 8:58 PM, in article 47058c36$0$79892$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net,
Snip!>>>>

I'd love some, thank you! C

Yep. I wondered if you were an angler and had been deluged by gobis, in invasive thing brought here in the bilges of cargo ships from Europe.
the corn plant is chopped up and put into the silo to ferment and becomes silage which is fed to the milk cows. Ingrid

I would think kosher packing houses would be a lot cleaner and better working conditions. INgrid

I agree. The animal is also slaughtered, but under Rabbinical law which is more humane. That's why my husband gets kosher franks.
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 10:28:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

What absolute rubbish! Killing cattle without first stunning them is hardly 'more humane', in fact I consider it to be barbaric.
You should try visiting an abbattoir and you might learn something.

The whole eating meat thing, to me, is barbaric. If I am wrong in what I said regarding how a Rabbi oversees the slaughter, I apologize. I also agree it's all barbaric which is why I don't eat animals.

Yes I have already gathered that such is your opinion. It's your statements that are either illogical or based on misinformation or poor comprehension skills or are simply incorrect which that are keeping me posting on this thread.
If I am wrong in

That is not what you wrote at all. You wrote that it is more humane to slaughter an animal under Rabbinical law.

But you buy them for your husband so long as you think the slaughter is "more humane". Dead is dead and the more humane way to kill an animal is to stun it before allowing it to bleed out.
the knife used to cut the throat of the animal must be sharp enough it doesnt cause pain. also, the animal is kept calm. it is allowed to bleed out which renders it unconscious before it dies. very calm way of dying. but not "quick" Ingrid

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote in

<eyeroll>
<MAJOR EYEROLL>

<MAJOR EYEROLLING AND GUFFAWING>
You're insane.

What I saw once in a documentary was a solenoid driven plunger that went into the back of the beast's skull, probably in a spot analogous to the one snipers love to hit when they target people. The cow dropped instantly.
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:27:02 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

What I have seen, and done, in real life is a .22 LR in the center of the X formed between the ears and eyes. The cow dropped instantly.
Real life trumps a documentary every time.
Charlie
"She looked at me, uncomprehendingly, like cows at a passing train" ~Don Henley

Did it once. Still makes me sick to think about it.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Yes, but you did it. I am a firm believer in doing for oneself. I get no pleasure from the killing, but if I am going to consume meat, I should be able to kill. I don't do much of it now, but I can and am prepared to do so again.
We eat seeds and grains and vegetables that we raise and then either rip the fruit from the living plant and devour their living flesh or eat seeds and grains, along with the life that resides in them.
Life begets life. Those who think that they abstain from killing or participating in killing by being vegan, or vegetarian, or whatever, are fooling themselves.
Care Brother Charlie
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love ~Robert Heinlein

You be right, as usual, C. Dawg.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

<Charlie> wrote in message >>>

Trumps in what way? I have my own answers to this question, but I'm interested in yours.
Hi All, <Charlie> wrote in message >>>

It is called a humane killer,. How it works I do not know.
Richard M. Watkin.