Ground Beef Recall Expanded

Page 11 of 14
quit eating grains. they are the most processed foods out there. Ingrid

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

I have for the most part. Wheat, and anything related to it.
Rice and Corn are fine.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
labeling is the only answer. even the "cool" laws which requires labeling origin of food is not enforced. but if people started calling out the managers every time we shop and start asking them to identify "where does this come from" maybe they would. Ingrid
If people want to eat GMOs and eat irradiated meat, that is

No argument here, but best check each and every product which has soy or corn because most processed foods have both and between the Bt corn and the "Round Up Ready" soy beans...geesh. People need to stop having children for a while. Too much food for too many people. Now Brazil is slashing and burning the rain forest again for soy farms.

but not for *food*. for ethanol. because people, especially in the US don't want to give up their gas guzzling SUVS & use public transportation. the DOT and the major cities need to completely ban private automobiles, and spend much more on light rail & other public transport. the only way to get people to stop wasting fuel on single occupant vehicles is to ban their use. i live an hour & a half drive from Boston, but 20 minutes from a train/bus station. i'd *really* rather take a train or bus in than drive, but the schedules suck (in the early 90s there was a bus to/from Boston to Manchester NH hourly. now it runs once/day). lee

We don't have good, reliable public transportation. The US is also a MUCH bigger country than any one European country.
The North also gets more snow.
With the current price of gas, I'd be delighted to use it if it was available.
I am looking forward to the lite rail that will be going between Austin and San Antonio in a few years.
Betcha I plan to use that thing!!!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

That's a huge problem for many of us in the eastern/metro/Boston sorta area. There isn't much public transportation. I'm fortunate in that now there's a rail line that runs through my town right into Boston, so I can go to Braintree, Quincy, etc. via railroad, but I can't get to Brockton, or out to the western part of the state, nor can I easily go north past Boston, without switching around on the T, etc. It's not easy to get around this area without a car.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

yeah, they *really* need to connect North & South Stations! we took the train to NYC in January 2002 for a 5 day Linux show, with an 16 month old child. trying to juggle baby, diaper bag (i used cloth, so there were lots of diapers), suitcases, et al out of North Station, down to the T, getting it all *onto* the T, & off again at South Station was about the low point of the trip. i was grateful i had never got into using a stroller at that point. that would have only added to the mess.
parking in Boston is abysmal (but cheaper than NYC), so i don't take the kid down nearly as often as i'd like, to go to museums & stuff. and now with the new tunnel & stuff i really hate driving down toward South Shore & the Cape... lee
ct.net.au:

i'd guess less. the reason the US has more instances of e.coli contaminated meat is because they push the slaughter lines so fast. US lines run almost twice as fast as lines in Europe are allowed. if the packers were allowed to "cold pasturize" the meat, they'd push the lines even faster. the faster those poor, underpaid workers have to go, the more mistakes, from live cattle on the line, to knife slips, to contamination.

i take it you don't eat any rice grown in America then? there was an 'oopsie' with the GM test rice... it has crosspolinated with other rices & all rice in the US now has GM genetics... which is why the USDA passed a rule allowing GM rice. it's all there is here now, unless you seek out imported rice. lee

I buy chinese rice.
It's cheaper.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Be careful. They're using nasty things all over the place in China nowadays to increase production (as we well know!)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Heh! Yeah. No kidding.
There have been some people executed over that mess.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

The stickier the better! :)

Vegetarian sushi. ;-d
Love those Nori rolls. I need to get some new bamboo mats and make it more often.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Go to Hong Kong Market on Research. They have cheap prices on everything you can imagine. Ever been?

Yes, and also MT on North Lamar...
Thanks!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
Jangchub wrote:

Anyone got a recipe for pickling gobi?

Uh oh. Bad day of fishing?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

matter what you do to them? Elitist!

Heh. Gobis have decimated a smallmouth bass spot I used to enjoy. I have declared war on gobis. Results are pretty much negligible.