Grey laundry water for garden watering?

Page 7 of 7

Oh wow....bummer!
You are really going to have TiredButt now....job and garden job!!
Ouch
Charlie

Just bring plenty of vodka. I think it may help the menu;-)
--

Billy

In article

Indeed! <lol>
Gotta get back shortly. Lunch break is nearly over...

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
In article

Finally looked at that link. Saving it for future reference in case I end up landing a large alligator gar. ;-)

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

My GARsh!! I'm gonna have to get me a prairie dog to roast to keep ahead of you.
But, if you eat 'possum, you win. ;-) I ain't been that hungry...yet!
CHarlie

<giggle> Have not landed one yet. I just know that they are around. I've seen them when I was snorkeling the river.

I will NOT eat opossum! Not a chance in hell. <g>

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

Oh har dee har har. Charliecarp, what the bloody hell...ain't nothin' like a bloke settin' his own self up fer something like this, eh? I s'pose you are feelin' right cute about yourself, ain't ya? ;-)
'sall right, y'all enjoy yourselves.
Carp in a jug......whoever heard of such shit. Waste of good food, if'ns ya ask me, but since ya didn't, I'm tellin' ya anyways.
I'll quit carping at y'all, for now, and go back to building fence
Charlie

Do like the Native Americans showed the pilgrims. Plant fish along with the seeds in the corn field. :-)

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

That came to no good:-( I think given a second chance, they would have kept their mouths shut.
--

Billy

In article

Hindsight is 20-20...

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

I'm lucky to get 20-30 with my eyes;-)
--

Billy

In article

Don't complain. I just got fitted for progressive lenses this year. <sigh> It was not unexpected, but it's damned expensive!

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
In article

From what I have read, yes. BT dunks are specifically made for standing water skeeter control.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

All my piped wastewater goes to the leech field via the septic tank. Due to the low permeability of my local soil, I opted for an above ground leech field. It the size of a very large putting green. Soil depth is too deep to have any concern of grass rootage affecting the leech piping. But, at the same time, enough water is drained to keep the grass from drying out in drought periods...
--
Dave

Parkinson's disease, not easy to define.
"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

My problem is that the garden is up-hill from my grey water. I have a pump and hoses. I think a twenty - thirty gallon tank on my garage (above the gardens) is basically all I need. That, and information on which laundry and dish washing compounds are safe with my plants.
--

Billy

"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

And I'll bet it's REALLY green! :-)

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

You got that absolutely right. A genuine "green" green.
On the more serious side, I have to flush it with water to have the effect I want to keep things going green in low rain times. I generally take a bath, flush the toilet a few times consecutively, run the dishwasher, and run the washer closely together on those days.
I generally use Xtra or Trend (both cheap) liquid washing detergents. I DO NOT use any liquid bleach that goes to the septic tank. I use liquid bleach and water in a 5 gallon plastic bucket to bleach whites. Pour the liquid on the gravel driveway, rinse the clothing, pour the rinse water in same location, then wash clothing. The wastewater in the gravel driveway has neutral effect on foliage that likes to grow there. Generally soak whites for 24 hours or more in bleach/water, less bleach needed. Have not used any bacteria additives to date for the septic tank. For novices, the common way to "start" a septic tank is with yeast from the grocery store. After that, just maintain it with adequate waste and water.
--
Dave

Parkinson's disease, not easy to define.
"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

I remember having a septic tank both in the house in Colorado and in Georgetown when we were renting. The grass over the leach lines was always very green, and we had to be OH so careful what we put down the drains.
The tank flora products were only used if we had to have the tank pumped for whatever reason.