Grey laundry water for garden watering?

yeah yeah yeah.....similar to the old put a carp on a cedar plank and bake for thirty minutes then toss the carp and eat the plank. ;-)

Seriously, if you ever had a proper carp, you would sing a different song. :-)

Betcha never ate gar either. Easy and better'n you would think.

Care Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

I've eaten roe sacks but have not tried milt sacks.

Reply to
Omelet

I've met others like this too. When I went hunting last month, the dead silence out on the prairie (except for the occasional screech of the barn owls in the old shed next to the trailer) made it so I could not sleep. I bought a small fan at wal-mart post-haste!

Reply to
Omelet

;-D

Thanks for the chuckle!

Reply to
Omelet

That's what I get for not reading the entire post before replying. I was not fully awake yet. ;-)

Sorry!

Reply to
Omelet

I'm wondering if I ought to try preparing a Haggis recipe using Tripe. Sheep stomach is not available at the grocery stores here. ;-)

Reply to
Omelet

We have alligator gar around here. I've noted that many fisherman toss them on the bank.

I've never caught one. Might consider spear fishing for one. I'm not convinced an average fishing line would hold one with those teeth!

Reply to
Omelet

NO! Simply fry the tripe and call it good!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Charlie, you are not going to believe this, but here in Aus, they are used as a fertiliser. And it is called (wait for it) 'Charlie Carp':

FarmI

You'd have to have very good teeth to eat fried tripe. It's normally used in Menudo and either slow cooked or pressure cooked!

Reply to
Omelet

Same thing with sheep's stomach. It's Nature's natural protection against haggis;-)

Reply to
Billy

This should be good;-))

Reply to
Billy

Har har, says I. I can hear you snickerin' all the way out here in the sticks, Mister Billy. You too, Fran.

The possibilities are numerous, aren't they. Ya'll should be gettin' some good mileage outta this one.......at poor old CharlieCarp's expense!

Methinks I got nuttin' here, absotootly nuttin.

I'm off to help younger son dig and set posts for a fence.

Harrumph......ya'll go right on ahead and have yer fun, sorry suckers ya be. I'll be back!!!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

International carp recipes in one place. Some not the carp mentioned here some are.

I guess one man's fertilizer is another man's delicacy.

Ominivore's

Bill

Reply to
Bill

You're not gonna' carp at us for havin' a wee bit o' foon, are ye? Like they say, carp' diem.:-))

Reply to
Billy

Hehehehe.... seriously, though, I'll eat almost anything, and if I could find someone to fix me a nice carp, I'd eat it right down. Gar too. :-)

Reply to
Zootal

I don't know that's true... like I said, perhaps the cheap ones but my Rubbermaid trash cans have been out in all sorts of weather for five years now and show no signs of deterioration.... and just there you claim to be using the very same trash cans to catch water off your roof for drinking (potable).

You're lucky to have a free source, most folks have to pay... because such items that are made so well that they're reusable aren't typically free for the taking... and food stores pay a hefty deposit on those containers so they are not in the habit of giving them away, maybe you glom/appropriate yours.

I'd be very wary of any claims from someone who warns that water collection vessels for irrigating the lawn need to be food grade and then totally ignores the question.

Reply to
Sheldon

Oh har dee har har. Charliecarp, what the bloody hell...ain't nothin' like a bloke settin' his own self up fer something like this, eh? I s'pose you are feelin' right cute about yourself, ain't ya? ;-)

'sall right, y'all enjoy yourselves.

Carp in a jug......whoever heard of such shit. Waste of good food, if'ns ya ask me, but since ya didn't, I'm tellin' ya anyways.

I'll quit carping at y'all, for now, and go back to building fence

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

You can pull your head out of your backside now Shelly. So what was that thing about Christians, and why is it an unfortunate name?

Reply to
Billy

You got that absolutely right. A genuine "green" green.

On the more serious side, I have to flush it with water to have the effect I want to keep things going green in low rain times. I generally take a bath, flush the toilet a few times consecutively, run the dishwasher, and run the washer closely together on those days.

I generally use Xtra or Trend (both cheap) liquid washing detergents. I DO NOT use any liquid bleach that goes to the septic tank. I use liquid bleach and water in a 5 gallon plastic bucket to bleach whites. Pour the liquid on the gravel driveway, rinse the clothing, pour the rinse water in same location, then wash clothing. The wastewater in the gravel driveway has neutral effect on foliage that likes to grow there. Generally soak whites for 24 hours or more in bleach/water, less bleach needed. Have not used any bacteria additives to date for the septic tank. For novices, the common way to "start" a septic tank is with yeast from the grocery store. After that, just maintain it with adequate waste and water.

Reply to
Dioclese