green spots in apples

I have an apple tree that produces tart green (some blush) 2-4 inch apples. The tree is loaded and apples are falling. When I started picking I noticed that there are green spots embedded in the flesh of the apple. They can be found from the skin to the core. The first time I saw this I thought unripe apples are really green and tossed them. Now its a month later and the green spots are still there. I tried one and the apple seems ripe and starting to get soft.

Is this normal? Can I juice or eat them?

Reply to
ljp other

Where are placed the green spots? For example are at the bottom of the apple? Are there really green, or ...maybe bluish?

Reply to
news-search

The spots are evenly distributed throughout the apple. The ones I found earlier were mostly green. The most recent less than 10 percent, in a vertical pattern. The spots are definitely apple green.

Reply to
ljp other