Green manure

I tried planting some clover this winter in my raised beds. When it comes time, whats the best way to prepare for spring planting? Should I just fork it under, or should I weed-eater it first? And should I turn it in green, or chop it and let it dry before I turn it under?

Thanks.

Reply to
hatfield.dave

Turn it under green, It will break down much faster, Mow or weed -eat ONLY if if it too tall to turn under easily.

Reply to
farmerdill