Grass frertilizer for corn

Since corn belongs to the grass family. Can I use grass fertilizer for corn plants? Not the weed and feed kind . Thank you

Reply to
Joseph A. Zupko

Corn likes a lot of nitrogen. What are the N-P-K numbers on the bag.

Reply to
TQ

I've been doing that for years. I start with a normal garden fertilizer like 10-10-10 or something. When the corn is a foot tall, or a little taller I give it a good side dressing of lawn fertilizer. Zoom!

Steve

I haven't used 'normal' synthetic fertilizers for years. I have found that synthetic (chemical) fertilizers will actually kill the worms in the ground and provides no food for them. So I have gone back to the old sustainable way of feeding my vegetables. I use compost. I basically just feed the worms and they feed the plants. New idea? Nope. Old. And it works for a long time. I just keep feeding the worms and they produce-Magic! :) Gary

Reply to
Gary