grafting, can it be done or is it a science fiction?

Page 2 of 2

Steve wrote:

If it was done, I'm sure the grafting union did not last very long. I refer you to this web site for reference:,conmap,2468

Interstems are used to graft pears onto quince rootstock. I have only heard of them used to graft a pear onto an apple using a variety of apple called 'Winter Banana', but I have no facts to back this up.

I am only concerned here about the apples and pears on eachother.