Good winter veggies

Any suggestions for what grow good during fall and winter months. I live in an area that is usually sunny with highs in the 60s and lows in the 30's with a few 20s and an occassional teen thrown in. What are good veggies to grow in these conditions. Celery??? Lettuce??? Any thoughts?
On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 17:26:58 GMT, "Mango Man"

* Swiss chard * Lettuce * Maybe celery - I've not grown it, so I don't know. * Most of the Asian greens, including mizuna, hon tsa tai, bok choy, choy sum, and Chinese cabbage * Beets * Carrots * Radicchio * Chicory
(Really, most any salad green.)
It would help to cover things with a floating row cover, especially during the colder nights.
My Swiss chard survived last winter until the temperature hit 12 F. And it was in a pot, not even growing in the ground. Lettuce I was growing this spring survived temperatures of about 16 F, plus a foot of wet snow.
Pat
--
To email me, remove the trap and type my first
name in its place.

Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, cabbage, rutabaga, those sort of things.

Len