Good, natural, organic soil? Testing?

Page 2 of 2
I would like to know where you found your info, please.

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:23:26 +0000, BRD

And you call me nasty?
Do you dump people out of their wheel chairs and snatch oxygen masks off of emphysema patients for a little light entertainment?
Penelope
BRD said, "This isn't going anywhere, and I found out what I needed to know somewhere else anyways."
I simply asked, nicely, I thought, where he/she found the wanted info. How is that "nasty"?
Oh, and on a final note, I have to post multiple times to get on
message across, because this horribly weak site doesn't support Avatar or the ability to edit your previous posts
-- BRD

I have followed this thread, very closely, because there is very little else posted this time of the year. To make these statements about third world countries, are unfounded and not true. Why don't you do your research and then repost, with foot notes.
As far as soil deficiency, and food deficiency, I fail to see the point. If the soil is deficient, then the plant that needs that nutrient will not grow. If 1 tomato will not give you enough vitamin A, then eat two and etc.
Sorry, I don't mean to "flame" anyone, but many will read this post and take it as fact, when it isn't.
I use organic and commercial fertilizer, I also use pesticides and sometime herbicides, I have lived much of my life on the farm, including back in the '30s when we raised most of what we eat(believe me, this is not what you want).
I am sure all the vices will shorten my life span--maybe down to say 90, I will soon be 72, and can still do a pretty good days work. In the spring I still put in 10 maybe 12 hrs a day on the tractor.
Have a good day, I will--The Old Timer!
On 9/9/05 8:34 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,
<snip>

Well said!
== I have lived much of my life on the farm, == including back in the '30s when we raised most of what we eat
This is a subject that easily has 'political overtones.' Like 'global warming.'
Do apples vary in nutrional value- depending on how they are grown, or how far they are shipped?
I have been making organic soil from mulching for the past several years. I have learned to add dolomite-- to keep the sunflowers and corn plants from tipping over when they are fully grown.