good green pole bean?

What's a good open-pollinated green pole bean?

I tried Kentucky Wonder but the beans were stringy.

Reply to
natp

Garden of Eden (Johnny's Selected Seeds)

Helda / Hilda (various sources)

These are both flat-podded and very tender and stringless even when quite large.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Nice job, Your building out a nice piece of land.

What are you doing with the IBC? Aquaponics?

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks. I current;y have 4-5K sq ft of garden space enclosed by an electric fence, plus various raised bed planters outside of that. Rotate the crops around each season.

I presume you popped around some other dirs and saw the large "totes" (275 gallon cubes)? Those are for a rainwater collection project. I still need to acquire a bladder tank, a suitable shallow well pump and a solenoid-driven 3 way valve (to switch irrigation between the rainwater and the well). My irrigation controller has a pump output (the ability to trigger a relay to activate a pump) as well, though I want the pump to be automatic (just pressurizing a standard bladder tank like the household well supply does), so pressure would be consistent and power use lower.

I have nine of those totes, which in total are just about 2500 gallons of water storage. Just 1.5" of vertical rainfall off the top of my barn would fill them to capacity.

Reply to
Sean Straw

Well, if you get interested in additional uses for your water storage you might try integrating some fish:

are some sketchups and Videos in the d/l.

Reply to
Gunner