glass bedding?

I'm working on turning an old Nagant rifle into a sporter. I had a gunsmith cut down and recrown the barrel. I cut down and filled the furniture.
Anyone know of good bedding compounds? I know brownells sells a kit, but was wondering if I could use long cure epoxy and fiber matting (like the shredded fiber used in auto body work) That stuff is terrifically strong.
I soaked the stock in solvent, then kitty litter, then more solvent and kitty litter to remove about 50 years of military grease and grime, so I think the epoxy should bond ok. Also ,I was thinking of drilling some shallow wells around the action area, to serve as "epoxy rivets" sometimes used on knife handles.
Any info? Anyone sucessfully use a old MN for hunting (mainly deer--a short scout/brush gun)?
thanks John
I was wondering when the edible part was coming. Must be the deer, huh?