Garlic preservation

I'm in zone 6b.
Decided to try hardneck garlic this year for the first time.
Traditionally, planting is Columbus day, but I was a little late in getting my bulbs, and the weather (seemed to rain buckets every weekend) and other distractions didn't leave me enough time to get it planted.
So, I'm wondering if it's possible to store the bulbs until next fall, or should i just eat them as an expensive reminder to plan a little better next year?
thanks, tom
JustTom said:

If your ground isn't completely frozen, just plant them now.
You could even try planting as soon as the ground is thawed in the spring. Nowhere near optimal time, but you should have more to harvest than you would if you eat them now!