Garlic: missed a few!

Hi All,
The snow finally melted from my little garden. So I went to check out the garlic I so lovingly planted in the spring (probably should have done it in the fall). They are surviving "okay" with all the snow and ice.
Well, in a different section of the garden where I planted garlic, not last year, but two years ago, I have several "clusters" on new garlic shoots. Ooops! I must have missed harvesting them. RAT! They are really YUMMY!
Question: what happens when a whole cluster sprouts like that? Do I get a HUGE bulb or a bunch of stunted bulb?
Any suggestions as to what to do?
Many thanks, -T

You get a whole cluster of small bulbs and if those are left, even smaller ones. Of course, you can harvest them in the spring for the much-prized "green garlic"...think garlic scallions.
On 01/22/2016 11:57 AM, Gary Woods wrote:

Thank you!
Come spring I think I will dig one up and see what I find.

Depends - I've had one of my better harvests the year after we forgot the whole patch. Not that I do that deliberately, but it CAN work. If you want to dig them up and eat them young that's your call - I'd let most of them run to harvest time, probably.
On 01/23/2016 04:50 PM, Ecnerwal wrote:

This will be interesting!