Garlic harvest (seems early, but already late for some)

Pulled all of someone's heirloom (Two cousins are both growing the same Grandma's garlic, so it's pretty well recommended) scaping garlic since it had gone yellow far enough or way too far on one plant. Not sure what it is - looks similar to the SR, but is a bit earlier. Will try taste-testing comparison in a little while. Given one bulb of it, planted all 11 cloves, two of the plants expired early for no clear reason, got 9 bulbs - a bulb in time yields nine...I'll probably save 3 or 4 for seed this year, which should get it built up to where I can save my usual 8-12 heads for seed next year, and eat more of it.
Pulled a few of my Spanish Roja which had gone far enough - the rest looks like it might actually want a few more days.
My mutt garlic is well-beyond-time, and also shuffling itself off my list by comparison. Much smaller bulbs. Waning yields from it was part of the reason for getting the SR in the first place. Gave them equally pampered beds this year, and there's little contest. SR won our informal taste sampling at a garlic festival when we were looking for a new seed garlic candidate...
Ecnerwal wrote:

after the heat of last week i'm also able to get back outside and get things done.
i'll be out cutting garlic tops off today and lifting garlic too if i can get to it. that is the task for the next few days.
songbird
songbird wrote: ...

http://www.anthive.com/flowers/100_8088_Garlic_Top.jpg
babies making babies...