Garlic Festival in N.Y. the last weekend of Sept.

For those around or close to the Mid-Hudson Valley, NY. The Saugerties garlic festival is the last weekend of September. I go every year to get my garlic to plant and also last me through the winter. Small town but ALOT of people show up. I'd advise going early if you're goin'.
They have craft venders, shows for the kids, cooking demo's, food everywhere, and a TON of garlic vendors.
Here's a url if you wanna check it out. It's five bucks at the gate (that's good for both days, I think). And no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way what so ever. (well, 'cept I love garlic! ;-) )
http://www.hopefarm.com/garlic.htm
--
Steve

oops... appearently that's the old url... more info at http://www.hvgf.org /
--
Steve

A couple of corrections: Hope Farm is no longer hosting the page, although they were kind enough to put in a link to the new one:
http://www.hvgf.org /
And the $5 is good for one day only (no more wristbands). I think it used to be $7 at the gate and $5 in advance for both days.
I'm going for sure Sunday the 28th; any other NG types want to meet there? The Garlic Seed Foundation booth at a pre-arranged time would likely work.
Yours in bad breath,
Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at www.albany.net/~gwoods Zone 5/6 in upstate New York, 1200' elevation. NY WO G
Gary Woods wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that and corrected it on a follow-on post.

Ok, I didn't realize that. A friend of mine who lives there is getting me advanced tickets for three bucks and he said that they were $5 at the gate. I just "assumed" that was for both days... my bad...

We're headed up on Saturday morning or I'd definately arrainge to meet up with ya. Good luck and get some good cologne to cover the garlic comin' out of your pours the next day! ;-)

--
Steve

Gary Woods wrote:

I'm going to try and talk the DH into it. Last year someone (probably you, Gary) mentioned garlic ice cream which intrigues me.
I'll post again if we decide to go.
Mary (if it were just me, it'd be a no brainer!)
Mary McHugh wrote:

I think that we did discuss the garlic ice cream last year. I've never tried it but think that I will this year after indulging in other food choices first... ;-)