Gardening at the Oriental market

Went shopping for coconut milk and kim chee yesterday and came away with 3 stalks of lemongrass to root, 1 tiny taro with a shoot already sprouting (for free!), enough nice fresh ginger to eat and plant, and some seeds in a hand-labeled ("que") plastic bag that I hope is Thai basil. There's a slight language barrier at the market. :-)

As K-Mart was on the way home, and I needed some compost/manure for the tomato plants someone gave me Saturday, I stopped there. Came away with $1.19 pots of rosemary, chives (mine died), and sweet basil. There are 4 basil plants in one 4" pot, so I got the youngest-looking ones available and hope I can tease the roots apart for 4 separate plants. K-Mart's plant suppliers must over-seed like crazy -- I also got a 6-pack of Impatiens that has 4-5 plants in each cell. Believe I'll let *them* just fight it out in a planter.

Yesterday it was sunny, breezy and 82F. This morning, the temperature is dropping from the mid-60s and it's absolutely pouring rain. So much for time in the garden.

Reply to
Frogleg