Gardener's Worst Sin

I mixed up the "Keep the Deer Away" concentrate with "Kill all the Weeds" concentrate. By the grace of Mother Nature I switched the mix AFTER I had sprayed the Roses with correct sprayer. I was just getting the sprayer ready for the next time. I noticed that it didn't seem to smell as bad and thought Ut Ohh. Anyone done the same? MJ
On Thu, 31 May 2012 09:21:47 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

No, probably because I spray the Repels-All from a manufacturer spray bottle, and I don't use weed killer.
However, when using a single sprayer to apply multiple treatments, perhaps you should make a marker you twist-tie to the handle as a clear indicator of what is inside? A piece of vinyl mini blind slat makes a good durable tag, and those plastic wrapped twist wires found restraining childrens' toys into their packaging are useful for tieing them to a handle or bottle neck, etc (I use similar for making row markers with PVC plumbing for stakes). You could blast the marker with coloured spray paint, or tape a piece of coloured electrical tape to it. Red for "poison" or danger or somesuch, Green for some sort of fertilizer, Orange for some pest treatment, etc.
When done, empty the sprayer into the original non-spray container (if you haven't used it all up), and return the marker tag to the package associated with that particular chemical, so it's there to be affixed to your sprayer the next time you fill it. Of course, don't forget to rinse the sprayer and flush the pump assembly.
Think of them as something like a "remove before flight" safety streamer (as seen frequently on military aircraft when on the ground). I have one on the keyring for one of my performance cars <g>
On Thu, 31 May 2012 09:21:47 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

It's good to have a sprayer for weed killer chemicals and another for clean chemicals such as fertilizer. Maybe you need a third?
Cheers

I don't spray to fertilize, I use granular. I re mixed in a hand sprayer for the deer stuff. It will work for now. I don't think I can get the weed killer out of the other sprayer to be able to use it again for the deer stuff. Not worth the chance to me. As far as labeling, they of course were, and one was out side and one was in the garage. How old do you have to be to start getting Senior Moments?. I am just so glad it wasn't worse. MJ
In article <c4062e7e-ed72-4bab-a792-c7d36cafd6a4

Male or female, nouns are the first thing to go.
Use differently coloured *and* shaped sprayers for different purposes.
Kinda like the differently shaped and coloured jars the chemists had and used for poisons.
phorbin said:

Bingo! That's my practice.

Why reinvent the wheel?
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
In article < snipped-for-privacy@Pat-Kiewicz.news.eternal-

Mine too.
Sprayers aren't too expensive. There are quite a few sturdy enough models kicking around.
Shape, size and colour means that if my nomenclature slips badly some other sense has a chance to tell me I'm screwing up.

I agree completely.
In article

Why don't you just drink them and put the Earth out of its misery?
--
E Pluribus Unum

Know where your money is tonight?

Or, of course, YOU could do that and put the rest of us out of ours.
Boron

Are you, and Monsanto in pain? Glad to hear it. The problem is that ignorance doesn't remain bliss for long. Have you killed any soil today?
--

Of course, killing the soil means killing the ecology of the environment. e.g. anphibians. <http://www.dw.de/dw/0,,11798,00.html Killing the anphibians of course means more insects, which then require more insecticide (a biocide) to control them, and that impacts everyone who lives in, or eats from that poisoned environment. With fewer poison purveyors like Boron Elgar, we would have a healthier world.
--
E Pluribus Unum

Know where your money is tonight?

I bow to your superior vulgarity, narccissim, and lack of supporting citation.
You're not one of Brooklyn/Shelly's new avatars are you?
Again, congratulations on reaching the bottom of the barrel first.
--
E Pluribus Unum

Know where your money is tonight?

Yes, Monsanto and I are having a Fifty Shades of Gray book signing to commemorate our hot love affair.

I am thrilled to make you happy.

Here'a bit of advice to dampen your bliss....you're an asshole.
There.
Now you know.