Garden visitor

Page 1 of 2
Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let me pat him on the head. I didn't think to take a picture.

I had a garden visitor my self yesterday. It scared the crap out of me... A fully grown blue racer snake... A rare visitor in my area. Blue racers here are black, about six feet long and fast two seconds and out of sight. Non poisonous but they can bite. I how ever had no desire to pet it :)

I have had good luck using used cat litter to keep "visitors" out of my garden.
On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:16:45 -0700, Jeff wrote:

I assume you mean the old fashion clay litter not the modern clumping litter. I made the mistake of dumping clumping litter down a groundhog hole a few years ago, it turned into a horrible slurry which is still there years later.

You don't worry about rabies?
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True
On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 08:06:02 -0700, Billy wrote:

Wombats are indigenous to Australia which is rabies free.
be given> wrote:

There is no rabies in Australia Bily (says she touching wood, crossing herself and throwing salt over her left shoulder!).

How wonderful! I live in a neighborhood of Boston, Mass., USA, and fear of rabies is one of the causes of local folks become separated from their natural surroundings and its inhabitants.
Priscilla
FarmI wrote:

Have you seen Christopher Pine on TV lately? He's contracted something and it isn't pretty.

LOL. He's never been pretty despite his high opinion of himself. When I saw him on the boob tube last night or the night before he looked red in the face. Is that what you were referring to? I've always found Pyne to be a total p.... (and I've actually spoken with him in the flesh on numerous occasions). I've always thought that his way of speaking to me was arrogant and patronising but he's I'd also have to say that he's quite bright which makes his support for the less smart jug ears all the more galling.
FarmI wrote:

No just his tendency to froth at the mouth over nothing much.
be given> wrote:

Yes indeed. He's doing himself a grave disservice by his behaviour given that he'd have to be a likely contender when they eventually decide to give Abbott the flick and realise that poor old Joe isn't up to any top job. But the whole lot of them are giving me the irrits at the moment. I'm just happy that I've finally retired and don't have to have anything further to do with any of them, ever.

What is a wombat?

I am not sure what a wombat is either!

Do either of you know how to use Google?

<http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wombat&l=1
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow." - Anon
On 6/21/2011 2:57 PM, Bill who putters wrote:

October 22 - Wombat Day - we'll have to celebrate ;)
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

It appears that Lansing Community College is not strong on teaching research skills.
JD wrote:

It is a large herbivorous marsupial found in Australia.
David
Ruben wrote:

A marsupial that is not a possum, so that limits his continent to Australia and it's islands.