Garden Oddity: What the heck is it?

Page 2 of 3

I definitely would not. My husband had a bad experience in college--- extremely ill for days--- from mushrooms picked by a friend who claimed he knew what he was doing.
When I lived in Ohio, we had a lot of puffballs. My dad ate wild mushrooms a lot (picked by a friend). I was wary even then.
Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
In article

The number of variety of fungi is still being discovered afaik. <g>
I agree, they are amazing!
Look at some books by http://www.fungiperfecti.com
http://fungiperfecti.com/books/index.html
They have outdoor mushroom patches, as well as indoor patches and "seedings" for deadwood etc. And all for reasonable prices...
I'm a real mushroom fan. They are a real bargain in nutrition.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the

Ps, I keep my cable in the bag with my camera. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the

It's gotta be in my office somewhere--- probably buried under all my preserving books and recipes. Not enough hours in the day right now.
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
In article

There never are... <lol>
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the

Thanks!
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
In article

Welcome. :-)
I'm a real Stamets fan. He's done some amazing research. Seems a lot of the wood consumers, especially polypores, have some anti-cancer activity.
He sells Turkey Tail patches and tea made from those is supposed to be anti-carcinogenic.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.none says...

I installed a multi-card reader on my aging P4 to get rid of the need for a cable.
Unfortunately, it doesn't do tarot.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a P4? Is that a type of camera?
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.none says...

Sorry, that's shorthand for Pentium 4 computer.
A card reader or memory card reader is a piece of hardware that plugs into the computer. You take the memory card out of the camera, plug it into the reader and can then treat the card like another drive.
I bought a multi-card reader to mount in a drive bay in my computer because I didn't want to find or fiddle with cables, expend battery power on long data transfers or worry about wear and tear on the camera's USB port.
The reader I have looks like this
http://megacomputer.ca/product_info.php?cPath 0_135&products_id"50
The external ones that connect to USB are quite variable in shape... Small ones can fit in a pocket.
I have seen external readers for as little as $5.00 Canadian though the usual, "You get what you pay for." caveat applies.
Isabella said:

Ah... I see. Sorry, I had no idea. Mac here.

Thanks ever-so-much for the information. I do have a little card reader for our little Olympus camera but it's just so much easier to plug the camera, via USB mini cable, into my Mac where the photos are auto-uploaded. I generally just leave the cable plugged into one of the USB ports on my monitor but I think someone yanked it out and ran off with it. I'm tracking the culprit.
Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.none says...

It wouldn't be attached to another computer, would it? :-)

Darn good thought! Thanks :) I immediately jumped up and went looking but did not find it on the other computers. I also looked at the back of mine as well thinking maybe I had used one of the rear USB ports and forgot about it. Not in the USB hub either. It'll turn up.
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:17:17 -0500, Isabella Woodhouse

Buy another one. Guaranteed to make the other one turn up.

<snicker>
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the

LOL! You are so right.... just like watering the garden to make it rain.
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
sometime in the recent past Isabella Woodhouse posted this:

So, Isabella, did you ever find your cord? Still waiting for your pictures ;-)
--
Wilson N4439" W6712"

Nope. I tore my office apart and cannot find it. The fungi got pretty beat up in the Ike aftermath when a couple of our bean poles fell on them. But they're still there, apparently not hurting anything since I'm still getting lots of beans. I've frozen about 60# and do not want to look at another bean... but I will of course. Looks like I'll have to buy another mini USB cord.
Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
sometime in the recent past Isabella Woodhouse posted this:

I was pretty sure you hadn't posted them, but wanted to check since I dabble a bit in mushroom identification. 60# of beans, you'll need a little help eating all them ;-)
--
Wilson N4439" W6712"