garage door repair

Can I plant an edible garden where a preseved wood deck has been located?
--
garage

Of course you can, but the real question is would you want to? Older treated wood leached arsenic salts, sometimes in high concentrations. Many plants can concentrate heavy metals (such as arsenic). Don't share your veggies with me! Steve

as long as you repair the hinges first

look up phytoremediation and plan for the out years Break Fern is one plant that may help. http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2335 / http://ourgardengang.tripod.com/whsuckitup.htm
The arsenic and formaldehyde will be in the soil for decades. I would plant something ornamental there for 4 or 5 years before I would chance it. Of course you could get a soil test to actually know what is there.
--
boronia