Funghi question

I'm growing some dwarf French bean plants in separate, quite deep containers but in one of them there have just recently appeared quite a few small mushroom type things. I'm not sure what they are but can describe them as being small, white/grey and quite fragile - when i was watering them they were knocked over very easily. Does anybody a) know what they are and b) know if the beans that are starting to form will be ok to eat?
--
Denno666


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Denno666 said:

The fungi is almost certainly growing on the organic matter in the potting soil. I've seen very small, fragile mushrooms like this actually sprouting from my compost pile when the conditions (temperature, moisture) are right. Pull out the mushrooms if they bother you.
The beans themselves will be safe to eat.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Agreed, the fungus has nothing to do with the beans, even if it is toxic the beans won't pick up the toxins. The garden is always full of fungi of one kind or another, especially when damp, this is very much part of the normal natural re-cycling system. We don't notice many of them because they don't have obvious fruiting bodies like mushrooms.
D
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.