Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.

Had Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island. Jerry
On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:16:29 GMT, Jerry Minasi

October 2 here (PA's Northern Tier). Last night too.
That's early for Long Island, though, I think? Disappointing!
Pat
--
To email me, remove the trap and type my first
name in its place.

Ice in the bird bath near Ottawa, Ca.
Had hard, killing freeze last Thursday (10/1) in Central IL. Sigh. Now it's 80 degrees...
Cheryl

clc wrote:

We had -5 C for a few days in the first week of September, but it's been +10-+15 since. Lovely long fall, pity about the pumpkins, tomatoes, potatoes and so on.
Henriette
--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed

Kind of early no?
On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 19:34:27 -0500, Phaedrine Stonebridge

Not really...
Frost dates in North Shirley, (East Yaphank), Long Island, NY N40D 50' 53" W072D 51' 59"
10/6/1984 10/10/85 10/5/88 10/20/90 10/21/91 10/6/93 10/12/94 10/18/95 10/12/96 10/23/97 10/7/98 10/9/01 10/15/02 10/6/03 You Know what to remove below. snipped-for-privacy@noSpammmco.com
In our last fun filled episode, Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:16:29 GMT,

Neener, Neener, neener! says she who's first frost isn't usually until close to Thanksgiving.
Kinda makes up for the blistering heat of July and August 'round here.
She who is from South Carolina and overwhelmed with peppers right now.