Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.

Had Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Minasi

October 2 here (PA's Northern Tier). Last night too.

That's early for Long Island, though, I think? Disappointing!

Pat

Reply to
spamtrap

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:16:29 GMT, Jerry Minasi wrote in rec.gardens.edible:

Ice in the bird bath near Ottawa, Ca.

Reply to
Jim Carter

Had hard, killing freeze last Thursday (10/1) in Central IL. Sigh. Now it's 80 degrees...

Reply to
clc

We had -5 C for a few days in the first week of September, but it's been

+10-+15 since. Lovely long fall, pity about the pumpkins, tomatoes, potatoes and so on.

Henriette

Reply to
Henriette Kress

Kind of early no?

Reply to
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Not really...

Frost dates in North Shirley, (East Yaphank), Long Island, NY N40D 50' 53" W072D 51' 59"

10/6/1984 10/10/85 10/5/88 10/20/90 10/21/91 10/6/93 10/12/94 10/18/95 10/12/96 10/23/97 10/7/98 10/9/01 10/15/02 10/6/03 You Know what to remove below. snipped-for-privacy@noSpammmco.com
Reply to
Jerry Minasi

In our last fun filled episode, Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:16:29 GMT, Jerry Minasi proclaimed:

Neener, Neener, neener! says she who's first frost isn't usually until close to Thanksgiving.

Kinda makes up for the blistering heat of July and August 'round here.

She who is from South Carolina and overwhelmed with peppers right now.

Reply to
Pam