frost already?

last night they were forcasting "spotty frost" across the midwest. luckily, it passed me by. anyone experience a killing frost yet and if so, when did it hit?
says...

Not yet here in southwest CT zone 6. It's been warm and humid thanks to Jeanne (not to mention WET). This Saturday night they're predicting a cool front coming thru but no mention of frost yet. Next week's lows are predicted for the 40's. Our avg. first frost date is Oct. 15.
Mary
Here in northern Utah (somewhere between a zone 3 and 4), we've had a killing frost already. We got it early last week, and for at least 3 nights.
Blair
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:23:03 GMT, "brickled"

Bite your tongue!
We don' need no stinkin' killing frost around here 'til Thanksgiving!
Penelope, with a little luck, anyway.
No frost yet, but watermelon that are just now starting to produce quite a bit of fruit. (I haven't looked in a few days, haven't been around.)
Is there a easy and fairly inexpensive way to help keep the plants warm enough at night?
Puckdropper
brickled wrote:

www.uncreativelabs.net

Puckdropper said:

Old sheets, blankets, towels, newspapers, and paper grocery bags are what get pressed into service at my house. When I 'retire' sheets and towels they get stockpiled for all sorts of projects and emergencies.
They do yard waste pickup here in large paper bags, which we accumulate each fall when we scarf leaves from around the neighborhood. The big bags are great for covering plants when frost threatens.

northern minnesota not so much last night but on the 29th and 30th

Shawna Brasgalla wrote:

I think some places in MN had a frost in August that really damaged the soybeans and corn.
It dropped into the 20's here (SE Minnesota) Friday night, Oct 1, after raining all day and turning clear at dusk.
Bob
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:23:03 GMT, "brickled"

Northern Pennsylvania here. Killing frosts: September 19 and September 20.
Then it got warmer again, of course (annoyingly - it always seems to do this). I don't think we've had frost since September 20. But winter's on the way, that's for sure.
Pat
--
Coming soon: www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful