Frost

So how many lost some Maters and, or Peppers due to the weather last night in the South? Mostly speaking of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia. It didn't get as cool as they thought in Anderson, but it did reach about 35 at daybreak but that was very short lived.
Mr. Greenleaf
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:22:26 -0400, "Mr. Greenleaf"

Anderson, SC?
That would be encouraging; you're further north than I am.
Penelope
--
Dinna let yer wind fly out
Nor flap 'n wave yer kilt about
wrote:

night
reach
Monday morning 35 on front porch....light frost on lawn...lost nothin..tomatoes, squash, and corn were covered with with everything we could muster except the kitchen stove
Frank middle GA (Baldwin County)
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:06:54 GMT, Penelope Periwinkle

correct email is snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
You can add Missouri to your list. grrrrrrrrrrrrr
chula
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com said:

Snow flurries on Monday and a FREEZE last night. I covered over my fern-leaf peony (nearly ready to bloom) and my poppy (really big buds). I know the garlic and leeks will be fine, hope the peas and onions will manage, and expect the recently arrived perennials to do alright pushed up against the house and covered with a lean-to.
In all the years I've lived here in SE Michigan, I don't ever remember snow in May.