FloraBloom

Hi I?ve got hold of some ?FloraBloom? liquid fertilizer , could anyone tell me how many mil I have to use for general use i.e. Toms, Chillies, strawberrys,peppers.

Reply to
jellylegline

Have you read the label and directions?

If not here is the online read:

is primarily for Hydroponic systems and usually one part of a two/three part nute program. You would use this to customize your nutes. 2/3 part programs are formulated to overcome precipitate problems and the lack of Calcium and/or Sulfur in most ferts.

It can be used (properly diluted, of course ) as a stand alone nutrient supplement in soil, but it is a bit spendy for such use and most important, you need to ask, do you need xtra P-K at this stage of your plant growth?

Just make sure you know what you are doing when it comes to souping up your nute program. You may inadvertently cause problems jacking nutes around, especially without baseline data on your soil/plant and you should have (and know how to use) a good pH/PPM/EC meter .

Reply to
gunner

SIR, DO YOU KNOW NO DECENCY?

Reply to
Billy

Thank you for your reply Billy, I?ve only just started out gardening due to the financial difficulties of feeding my young family. I must say I found your post very patronizing, I was only asking a question; I was told that FloraBloom could be used in soil not just for Hydroponic systems. I do use chicken pellets. If you did not mean to try and belittle me then please accept my apologies, if you did then that may not make me a better gardener than you but it certainly makes me a better person. Thanking You Martin.

Reply to
jellylegline

How kind of you Martin for thanking me for pointing out that there was no nitrogen in your fertilizer, so all the mls in the world, wouldn't make for a healthy plant. And you are welcome for the URL that I sent to you with the N-P-K of various manures . I was just trying to be helpful, so that you wouldn't be wasting your time. I'm glad that I got your attention.

It was the scope and depth of your ignorance that took my breath away. Each plant has it's own special set of needs. Potatoes like low pH soil (soil, not dirt). Cucumbers have more need for phosphorus and potassium than nitrogen. Corn needs lots of N - P - K, and lots of water. Swiss chard is not very picky and will produce as long as it gets water.

If you buy a HUNDRED POUND BAG of 10 - 10 - 10 chemical fertilizer, it will contain 10 lbs of nitrogen (ammonia or nitrate), 10 lbs of phosphorous, and 10 lbs of potassium. A similar bag of 1-1-1, would yield a pound of each/bag.

Thing is Martin, chemical fertilizers (chemferts) are salts. Salts kill soil by killing the micro-organisms that make up the ecology of the soil, which in turn are responsible for the soils fertility. Chemferts are easily washed away (you will need to buy more) and they contaminate local water supplies (nitrates are bad for fetuses, and young children), and are responsible for HUGE "dead zones" in the oceans at the mouths of rivers. The book, "Teaming with Microbes" explains most of what you need to know about soils.

Almost without exception, the human cost of using herbicides or insecticides, is borne by the very young. The environmental cost is to diversity of plants for pollinators to live on until you need them and to the pollinators and beneficial insects as well.

So Martin, I've already written over 300 words. How many more do I owe you?

I've given you my advice. I'm sorry, if I have offended you. I wish I could make it simpler, but I can't. Now it is up to you to learn and practice what you learn, and above all, learn from the copious mistakes you are about to make (we all do).

Keep asking questions, but be ready for the response.

Reply to
Billy

Heck with them Billy. Why not just invest in Health Insurance, drug company stock and fake food folks. There is a killing to be made. Some folks must suffer so that they can conceive or question is there a better way that promotes health. What the Hell is health. Lack of symptoms or is there more. Not a simple question with like you say no simple answers. Still we can stumble on with the focus of a well place to live. Example the best with poetry and music just a glimpse of hard work that gardening can mean.

Stepping down.

Bill seeking better for everyone.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Not really Billy, leastwise most who know me believe I don't. Yet mind you, I am not the one that talks alot of "$h-t". ; )

"I'll add about .9 lbs of chicken manure to each of them."

Reply to
gunner

What the Hell is health. Lack of symptoms or is there more? Not a simple question with like you say, no simple answers. Still we can stumble on with the focus of a well place to live. Example the best with poetry and music just a glimpse of hard work that gardening can mean.

Between "With Mind" And "With-Out Mind," The pine tree breeze! How do you want us To listen to you in the garden? - Mushin-za

This is one of the five spirits of the warrior (budo), and is often used as a Japanese martial arts tenet. Under that context, places such as the Budo Dojo define it this way: "No mind, a mind without ego. A mind like a mirror which reflects and does not judge." The original term was "mushin no shin", meaning, "mind of no mind." It is a state of mind without fear, anger, or anxiety. Mushin is often described by the phrase, "mizu no kokoro", which means, "mind like water". The phrase is a metaphor describing the pond that clearly reflects it¹s surroundings when calm, but whose images are obscured once a pebble is dropped into its waters.

Listening to Joan Baez, Diamonds and Rust

Cooling off after a morning in the garden, but how she calls to me, an insatiable mistress.

Reply to
Billy

It was the scope and depth of your ignorance that took my breath away.

Reply to
jellylegline

I'b be surprised, if you could grow weeds. I don't think you'll ever be a gardener.

Billy, au bout de souffle.

Reply to
Billy

jellylegline

Do a bit a reading and speaking with neighbors. Change your handle and every thing is fresh.

....................... one more point for one up man ship. Egos can blind us all.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

Cheers Bill. I'm trying to learn.