First Catalog

I just go my first seed catalog of the season today. It is from Pinetree Seeds. Looking forward to seeing what they have.

Reply to
The Cook

Wow, I used to think they were early if they came before Christmas. Steve (looking forward to his catalogs)

Reply to
Steve Peek

A couple of seed catalog`s have arrived, but I have not yet had a chance to look at them yet.

Richard M. Watkin.

Reply to
R M Watkin

Put them in the bathroom. :-)

Reply to
Omelet

The prices in Pinetree are ridiculous.. low. Any opinions re: customer service and quality? I see where some (Diva cuke) are pkts of 20 seeds, but these prices make me wonder where my head was at the past few seasons.

I can afford to try new stuff again!

Reply to
gonzo

I've ordered from Pinetree and will again - I'm already starting to mark the catalog.....

Kate - parsley is still going strong

Reply to
kate

My dad said the same thing. I have never had a problem with them. I ordered a lot of beans from them last year.

Reply to
Aluckyguess

Christmas! I usually have most of my seeds ordered by then.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Good quality seed. Friendly customer service. Number of seeds in a packet can be less than some other seed companies, but often enough for two or three seasons. And the prices are certainly low enough to allow for experimentation.

Their live plants have been good, too. As have the potatoes.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

I too have ordered vegetable seeds for several years from Pine Tree and generally have had good luck with them. Their non-hybrid or Heritage seeds can be gathered from bearing fruit for replanting the following season. Just put in an order for 20 bucks of seeds, but that was for over fifteen packets averaging a bit over one dollar each.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwin dubren

Their packets and prices seem to be more geared to the home gardener, which is probably why I've used them every year for the past several years and will probably continue to do so for quite a while. They aren't my exclusive supplier, but they regularly get my business. I also buy my seed potatoes and other bulbs/tubers from them since they don't have a surcharge for them like so many others do.

Reply to
snotbottom

I love Pinetree. Seeds, service and prices are all good.

Namaste, Woofs

Click here every day to feed a rescued animal:

offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups

Reply to
Woofs

Reply to
jimmy

Received Fedco and Totally Tomatoes so far. Ordered from Fedco (and Moose Tubers for onion sets, shallots and potatos) and choosing from the Totally Tomatoes.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day As long as you are learning, you are living When you stop learning, you start dying

Reply to
JonquilJan

I've received my Totally Tomatoes order already. Haven't placed an order with Pinetree yet.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob