First ...

asparagus spear picked this morning. Can't decide whether to keep it until I get more or just eat this one.
Peas are germinating. Rapini, 2 varieties of broccoli, 2 varieties of cabbage, Swiss chard and beets have been set out. and seem to be ok. I have to keep my eyes on the weather since I don't think that the beets like it as cool as the others do. I also have onions and a little bit of spinach to still set out.
Most of the tomatoes have germinated and are waiting for me to transplant into larger containers. Just planted herb seeds and eggplant and peppers are next.
--
Susan N.

Where are you located; try understand why I hate you; the snow is melting rapidly but not gone; the only germination is happening indoors.
Enviously yours,
On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:29:33 GMT, Gary Woods

I am in zone 7 in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. 20 minutes to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
--
Susan N.

Just one spear would never have made it in from the garden... ;-) I've been known to eat them raw on the spot.

I've got to get my containers together. I'm going to container garden tomatoes this year in an attempt to conserve water...
What veggie crops are low water consumers that I can put in the main garden bed?

Hm.
Time for me to finish weeding the herb garden and put in Dill and Basil.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
The Cook wrote:

I've been eating asparagus for dinner every night (3 year old plants). Nobody told me that when you cut one spear, another, BIGGER, one grows in the same spot seemingly over night.
My peas are growing by leaps and bounds, the potatoes have broken ground. The green peppers and tomatoes are blooming, as are the peach tree and the lavender in the herb garden. And my first rose bloom of the year should be open by this weekend.
After living in Seattle for 20 years, I'm so glad I moved to Savannah, Georgia!
--
Julie
http://www.miatoo.net

As Daffy Duck used to say, "You are despicable."
Green with envy in Northern California, - Bill
Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)