Fine Soil In Garden

Over the past several I have been putting a lot of leaves and grass clipping in my garden. Usually a lot more grass than leaves. Now my soil is very fine, good veggies but need to tighten up my soil, any suggestions.

Sand.
--
Peace!
Om

If the OP means by "fine" that his/her soil is powdery and like dust rather than having a soil like texture, then I'd agree that sand and animal manure would help to correct it, but rather than cow manure, I'd suggest horse manure - more humus than cow. (I have lots of cows and thus lots of manure but I make regualr pilgrimages to a neighbour to collect horse manure). Adding both sand and manure probably wouldn't do any harm whatever his/her problem is.

What is the base topsoil like? How thick? What is underneath?
What do you mean by "tighten" it?
Why do you want to do that?
David
casabragg wrote:

why? If you're getting good veggies why mess with it? But if you feel as if you must... ;-) Composted cow manure and 'till it in. Should be available at most any nursery.
--
Steve