Fig tree - help

I am located in virginia beach - VA . I have a fig plant in the pot and wish to plant it in the ground . Can someone kindly advise the best time of the year to plant in the ground . BTW - I have a red tip plant . Does it affect the fig tree / fruit in any way . Is it advisible to remove the red tip as I have a small back yard . Pl. advise .

Kam

Reply to
kamal