Fig Problem

Hello, I have a Desert King Fig tree growing in a 25 gallon pot. Lots of figs have formed but some are starting to fall off prematurely. I have watered the pot every day and I never let the soil become dry. There are approximately 80 figs on the tree and it continues to send out new growth. All leaves are dark green. My fear is that all of the figs will drop off;they do not semm to be swelling up. My other fig tree, a Brown Turkey,also in in large pot, has received the same treatment as the Desert King and is doing fine. What am I doing wrong?

Nicky

Reply to
nterrenc

Check with an expert.

Southern Ontario, Canada. New AgCanada Zone 5b

43º17'15" North 80º13'32" West To email, remove the obvious from my address.
Reply to
RR

I don't even own a fig tree so keep that in mind before you take my advice. First of all, just because some are dropping, it doesn't mean they all will. Lots of fruit trees drop some excess fruit to get the total down to a reasonable number. My other thought is that maybe it needs more light. Is it getting pretty close to full sun? A plant that is starved for light would tend to dump its fruit and try growing more leaves to collect more light. Maybe Desert King just needs more light than the other one.

Steve

Reply to
Steve