Favorite gardening books in no particular order

I would like to know why not how you garden.
"Wild Wealth" Library of Congress Catalog card number 70-161240 1971 Sorry no ISBN number
"The Wilderness World of John Muir" ISBN 0-395-08241-2 1954
"Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening" VERY HOW.
" Sakuteiki Visions of the Japanese Garden"
ISBN 0-8048-3294-3
"Time life series on gardening".
Then there was a vision of creating paradise on 2 acres which could be seen from space and the challenge to do it. Lots of book work but the leg work was the gratifying and still the main reason we garden hands on. Miscues occurring daily some recognized others waiting for the Aha moment.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

therapy; peace of mind; cosmic connectivity; whatever of that old hippie self-realization remains. My second "spring" planting of baby lima beans is officially "up" today. That mundane miracle evoked the same response that it did 50+ years ago. I shall garden as long as I am able to do; I shall garden from my walker or wheelchair. I'll pay some strapling youngster to build elevated beds even though he believes me to be crazy....
To the question:
_Gardening for Food and Fun_ the USDA 1980 yearbook; _The Joy of Gardening_
    I have very many others but they are not my favorites. Truth be told, neither are the two titles above; they simply are my most-referenced.     Personally, the Internet has largely displaced my hard-copy books for reference. This is, in large part, due to the ease of identifying nutritional deficiencies, pathology, etc.

--
the Balvenieman
USDA zone 9b, peninsular FL, U.S.A.