fancy growing melons are they easy to grow

Hello, I was thinking today of having a go at growing melons, are they easy to grow and what variety do I go for . I have never bought seeds and the like off the net I prefer to buy really from the garden centre. I am not a complete gardening novice been growing my own by experimenting really for the last 3 years, testing out what works and what doesn't i suppose like most gardeners
kind regards pottymoo
--
pottymoo

| | Hello, I was thinking today of having a go at growing melons, are they | easy to grow and what variety do I go for . I have never bought seeds | and the like off the net I prefer to buy really from the garden centre. | I am not a complete gardening novice been growing my own by | experimenting really for the last 3 years, testing out what works and | what doesn't i suppose like most gardeners | kind regards pottymoo
They are easy to grow. Give 'em a try! One caution, however: If there are many turtles in your area, they may eat the melons before you get them picked (unless you devise a way to secure them).
pottymoo wrote:

Not hard to grow. You need enough room in full sun with rich soil and warmth. Keep the water up to them in hot weather.
David