Excess cucumber

Page 2 of 2
Omelet wrote:

OK:)

Cucumber vodka is fairly popular at infusion bars. It is good just served up, but the most common combinations I see are with mint or ginger.
For example: cucumber vodka, muddled mint, a small amount of bar syrup and a bit a of soda water.
Steve
Steve replied to Poe about cucumber-infused vodka:

I like simply adding it to iced tea. It's good with cantaloupe juice, but that might be more time and trouble than it's worth to you: To juice a cantaloupe without getting a bunch of pulp, pure chunks of cantaloupe in a food processor. Put the pure into a strainer lined with a couple layers of cheesecloth, and put the strainer over a bowl. Set the bowl in the refrigerator and let the juice drip out for a day. (See what I mean about the time and trouble? But it's a useful technique; you can do the same thing with tomatoes, watermelons, or pears, none of which lend themselves well to "normal" juicing.)
Cucumber-infused vodka is good in a Bloody Mary, or with fresh carrot juice. It's a good base for an oyster shooter.

I agree with all that, and I'll add that you can use basil instead of mint. You can make an interesting drink by blending cucumber-infused vodka, dill, roasted cumin, yogurt, and ice water. (Kind of a tzatziki-in-a-glass!)
Bob