everbearing strawberries

I planted 4 everbearing strawberries in the spring. They have plenty of flowers and small berries but the berries never develop. They just elongate by1/4" then wither away. The leaves look healthy they are not over-fed not over-watered. I have not pinched the shoots as these are everbearing, I think the Ozark variety. What is going wrong?

We were into our 3rd year before ours started really producing. Like yours -- fits and starts -- looked like they were going to go for it, but ultimately did nothing. Until the 3rd season ... Then they went absolutely nuts.
They produced plenty of shoots. Did your strawberries produce shoots too?