edible grape leaves

hey all -
my girlfriend makes a Greek dish with grape leaves - it's absolutely incredible. She and I would like to know what type of grape leaves are used to produce the pickled grape leaves we buy at the grocery and whether the grapes growing native in our area (northeastern Georgia) are suitable for consumption. Also, if I find or grow edible grape leaves, how do I prepare them?
thanks!
Any grape leaves will do.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mjw/recipes/ethnic/greek/grk-dolmades-avgolomeno.html
Also in NE GA.
John!
Norm Leonard wrote:

Not sure about Muscadine grape leaves... Are they edible? They are awfully fuzzy! I have some concord grapes and green grape leaves that will work if I can ever get them going, but have _tons_ of the wild grapes.
???????????

--
Om.

Other than being small, they should work.
John!
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

Norm Leonard wrote:

I just take them off of the vine. If they have a thick stem toward the base I cut that out. Blanch them in salted water and immediately shock them in ice water and you're good to go.
--
Steve

Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.
Hi All, You can all so make wine out of grape leaves, called folly.
Richard M. Watkin.

Use only sortiment which wasn't treated with chemicals (pesticides), if it is treated it is full of poison.