Edible Garden User Map

Somebody on rec.food.cooking found a map that you can use to show where group members live. I think it would be especially good for this group, as knowing users locations can help us better understand why they do what they do to their gardens and why their yields and optimum yield times are different. Maybe in the message line you should indicate when you first planted for the year. Although, many of you, with different climates, plant at different times. Here on LI, it's usually May 15th even though I didn't decide to do a garden until June 10th and some plants even later.
So, go to http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guestmap.jsp?id=alancalan&locale=en and put yourself in. You can get right to the street but I wouldn't put my address in the message area.
Hope you have fun with this.
alan calan
Wow, IF I put my EXACT location in, you could see exactly where my garden is and all the trees that surround it, blocking too many hours of sun. My house is down and to the right of where my location is.
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:09:51 -0400, alan[remove] snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:09:51 -0400, alan[remove] snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:

I think your idea might have merit, but would the Zone as determined by the Department of Agriculture be sufficient, and easy to show by your name automatically . Have a good day: Rogerx
alan[remove] snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:
Snip

Hi, Alan.
Unfortunately, I zoomed in after I'd added my bald little head. I'm actually about 8Km ENE of where it shows.
Ross Southern Ontario, Canada. New AgCanada Zone 5b 4317'15" North 8013'32" West To email, remove the obvious from my address.
I can delete it and you can try again?
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:23:37 -0400, RR wrote:

OK, I'm on the map. I did this last night also, for another newsgroup that I look at only once in a while. I don't see any way to browse through the list of maps to find one with people I know. I bet that in a very short while they will have bunches of maps that never get looked at again.
Steve in the Adirondacks

The ability to search for "marker names" is a good feature idea, you ought to suggest it to them!
Note: the site seems very insecure; they put your password in plaintext in the access URL. Ooops!!
Anyway, I'm now on the map, the alien in SoCal :) You can actually see my property in some detail, tho I put the marker at a nearby intersection as a small deterrent to roving nutjobs. At least that way they have several structures to choose from rather than the only one for miles around. :)
~REZ~