Edible?

I found these things growing in my garden. Are they edible?
[image
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/content/images/2006/05/26/nettles470x353.jpg
-- Hose Boy
Of course, you can eat anything in your garden. Why, I ate a pair o
doves that landed on my lawn yesterday.
Also, while we're on the topic of lawns, anyone who waters their law is a douchebag
-- SexyGardener

    Just as is anyone who *has* a lawn; or who doesn't know the difference between "their" ahd "his"

Not to get into the middle of this exchange; just wanted to point out that "their" arose as a natural response from people who objected to everything being couched in the masculine by default.
Since we don't have a grammar like, e.g. the French, where the pronoun accords with the noun it modifies ("son chapeau" but "sa tete"), the objectors had no choice but to either use "her" for everything, which met a lot of resistance (!), or to go for the neutral 3rd personal plural "their". It's here to stay, faut de mieux.
> I found these things growing in my garden. Are they edible?

They're stinging nettles & I wouldn't try eating them raw if I wer you! If you want to eat them gather some with thick gloves & try thi or a similar nettle soup recipe
http://www.frugal.org.uk/nettle.html
Bon appetit
-- Freedom_Spark

It is an extremely nutritious plant. http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Urtica+dioica