Eating Pumkin Seeds

Does anyone know how to get rid of the husks on pumkin seeds - I have a nice batch of seeds but it's a real pain to get the husks off so they are edible!

Reply to
Mervyn Thomas

I tried toasting last year's batch in the oven, coated with butter, salt, and a little curry powder. Once browned, the hulls were thin and crispy enough that they weren't objectionable. They're like seasoned potato chips, and vanish about as quickly.

Kathy

Reply to
Kathy

My son would crunch away on those seeds, even when I didn't cook them enough to make them thin and crispy. I couldn't do it unless they were really crispy as you describe. This is the 3rd season that I have grown some pumpkins with naked seeds. I think the variety is "Snack Jack" ... maybe it was one of the other naked seed varieties, I would have to go look to be sure. Those are good for eating the seeds. All you have to do is wash off the seeds and roast them by any method you want. yummy.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I'll have to try Snack Jack. I developed a taste for pumpkin seeds on my first roasting last year.

Kathy

Reply to
Kathy