Earthworms

Page 2 of 2
(simy1) writes:

I do not know - good question though. It is a fact that there are places in this country and Canada which are earthworm-free.
snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (simy1) writes:

I'd expect to find no earthworms in soil with little humus, such as in clay regions, or sandy or rocky soil where there is little vegetation to contribute humus, or soil where there is insufficient moisture.
--
John Savage (news reply email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)

That's a good point. How do we know that worms are exotic? Just because there are areas without worms doesn't mean worms were solely imported during the colonial times.
I agree that worms can cause erosion in some forest environs but it seems hard to believe that North America was devoid of worms.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Pen) wrote in message

no, what you have is that there are european and american earthworms south of the Mason-Dixon line, but only european - or nothing - nortn of that. That line is also the glaciation line during the last Ice Age. Obviously, earthworms north of there were exterminated.

And moles destroy the ever-sacred suburban lawn. You simply want to justify dumping chemicals everywhere and making the equivalent of a green desert.
Dan (a lawnocracy heathen)

Did I say that?? Gee thanks for telling me.>