Duncan Grapefruit

My wife just gave me a Duncan grapefruit for a Valentine's gift. I have a couple of Lemons and Tangerine's in the yard, but really don't know much about getting a grapefruit going. It's currently in a 5 gallon container and is about 30" tall. Any suggestions?

David

Reply to
David

Find a spot at least 30 feet from anything. A Duncan can grow quite large and tall. Dig a hole and stick it in as you would any other citrus tree. The one I had had a 16" diameter trunk and the main branches started about 10 feet from the ground about the time I cut it down. Personally I'd ask for the receipt and take it back for something else. They are a good tasting grapefruit and withstand the cold and freezes of the Tampa area well but have a LOT of seeds and I don't like grapefruit any way.

Reply to
James F. Mayer