Drying fresh rosemary

Would a food dehydrator do it? I'm actually interested in drying all of my excess herbs (sage, thyme, parsley, chives, dill), but the rosemary seems like it would be the most problematic due to the resin... TIA!

Yes, a dehydrator works. Rosemary dries just fine!
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot
sometime in the recent past Omelet posted this:

Or you could save the electricity and just put it in a brown paper back hung in a dark spot for a few days. Works on all my herbs. The resin in Rosemary actually makes it less likely to spoil this way, just never pack the bags full and occasionally give the bag a little mixing.
JM2
--
Wilson N4439" W6712"

'Omelet[_4_ Wrote: > ;826451']In article Z1R6l.4947$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe05.iad,

--
Janet Conroy

Not everybody lives where these herbs are winter hardy, though I always keep a couple of rosemary plants indoors in a south window, with lights helping out. You're reading this newsgroup through gardenbanter in the UK, but it's really an international usenet group.
As for drying rosemary, just hang up a few branches and strip the leaves when they're dry. Dead easy.
Gary Woods wrote:

I'm in North Florida, so winter temps aren't really an issue, but I'd just like to trim the garden back - particularly the thyme and sage. The rosemary bushes are looking a little yellow, and I want to save the good branches...Thank you all for the suggestions!
sometime in the recent past Janet Conroy posted this:

They aren't hardy in my zone.
--
Wilson N4439" W6712"

[/i][/color]
They aren't hardy in my zone.
--
Wilson N4439" W6712"

But you aren't the OP, so your comment is hardly relevant.
sometime in the recent past Janet Conroy posted this:

The way you managed to suggest to the OP who asked about drying herbs that you didn't know why they didn't just 'keep growing outside' seemed to lack 'relevance' also, love. Coupled with the fact that you posted inside your own quote the first time and inside my sig line the second time in this thread alone makes it very hard to follow your thoughts, but I'll let that go. Did it occur to you that most of the world might not know which zone the OP lives in nor live in a temperate one like yourself? However, if I somehow offended your sensibilities with my 'irrelevance,' do try to get over it, won't you?
First time for everything.
--
Wilson N4439" W6712"

Just hang a few stems up in a dry spot and that's it.