Drowning tomatoes

So here in the North East (I'm in NY, on Long Island), we're getting drowned in rain. It's been raining for a week. Yesterday I ran outside between teh drops & took a look at my tomatoes - not pretty - quite a few fallen fruits, quite a few dead leaves, quite a few splitting fruits. Any hope that something will survive the deluge? Hope your garden is doing better than mine. _A.
well, if you had some kale, radish, or mustard family veggie in the ground by september 1, you would be bragging now. Or even long season cabbage planted earlier. There are lots of veggies that just love the rain. I always edge my bets and try not to plant a garden that is too sun-loving. Plus these fall greens are just terrific when prepared properly.