Drought

grace"

By Stephen Levine

A taste

The Salad

Sometimes I use platitudes instead of nasturtium flowers in the salad, the colors like stepping-stones across the delicate jungle in the old Chinese bowl whose crane's wings lift ever so slightly the porcelain centuries from the black birch table.

More of course....

The earth in meditation....

isbn 13 : 978-0-943914-48-0

Wavy Gravy likes this guy.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Happily, my drought is of a more aqueous nature and by chance it rained today. 'Tis odd here in Sonoma County, our strange weather has lead to an early budding of my peach trees and the regions grapevines.

Other droughts are fended off with "Haiku: Eastern Culture v. 1" by Reginald Horace Blyth and friends like you ;O)

Hope you enjoyed Robert Burns' birthday.

Gotta' run. Dinner's on.

Reply to
Billy

Seems like a long time the Chinese addressed issues of place and living. Peral S Buck and Lin Yutang and others enamored too.

Robert Burns blood l Sisters and brothers of the sun We protect the soil as it is our life Life only from the sun seems dry we need both light and shade

Still another spring to play in/on the earth

Bill

Reply to
Bill

International Drought news found here.

Local US drought updates found here by zip code.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

What an idiotic site to fail to take in consideration that desert regions get less rainfall than tropical regions.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Huh? What are you referring to?

Reply to
Billy

On understanding drought Vs. aridity.

" Drought is a temporary aberration; it differs from aridity, which is restricted to low rainfall regions and is a permanent feature of climate."

Bill

Reply to
Bill