Drought

Page 2 of 2
In article

Got me looking about and found..."Breaking the Drought...visions of grace"
By Stephen Levine
A taste
The Salad
Sometimes I use platitudes instead of nasturtium flowers in the salad, the colors like stepping-stones across the delicate jungle in the old Chinese bowl whose crane's wings lift ever so slightly the porcelain centuries from the black birch table.
More of course....
The earth in meditation....
isbn 13 : 978-0-943914-48-0
Wavy Gravy likes this guy.
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Happily, my drought is of a more aqueous nature and by chance it rained today. 'Tis odd here in Sonoma County, our strange weather has lead to an early budding of my peach trees and the regions grapevines.
Other droughts are fended off with "Haiku: Eastern Culture v. 1" by Reginald Horace Blyth and friends like you ;O)
Hope you enjoyed Robert Burns' birthday.
Gotta' run. Dinner's on.
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars

Seems like a long time the Chinese addressed issues of place and living. Peral S Buck and Lin Yutang and others enamored too.
Robert Burns blood line courses thru my veins if not in reality but in spirit I hope. Mom's was a Hoag whose dad played the pipes.
So that said...
Sisters and brothers of the sun We protect the soil as it is our life Life only from the sun seems dry we need both light and shade
Still another spring to play in/on the earth
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

International Drought news found here.
<http://www.climatechangecorp.com/content_list.asp?m=ct&ct >
Local US drought updates found here by zip code.
<http://www.droughtscore.com/
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

What an idiotic site to fail to take in consideration that desert regions get less rainfall than tropical regions.

Huh? What are you referring to?
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars

On understanding drought Vs. aridity.
" Drought is a temporary aberration; it differs from aridity, which is restricted to low rainfall regions and is a permanent feature of climate."
<http://drought.unl.edu/whatis/concept.htm
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA