Down Under getting a new meaning Note the scale

<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/31/australia-floods-larger-t_n_803 033.html>
I Come From A Land Down Under 3:46 Men At Work
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10981230
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"Always tell the truth and you don't have to remember anything."

My sympathies go to both nationalities affected by the current flooding.
A very rough estimate taken from both links above:
It would appear that we have approx 3 times the land area under water, it would also appear we have slightly less people affected by the flood waters ours 200,000 theirs up to 20 million. I know where I prefer to live.
Mike
by my reconing as i was thee in 1991 the rocky flood has not as yet peaked above the 1991 flood likethey have been saying, and as for the others then i would have my doubts to the accuracy of the reporting, as always the major impact is that they allow housing develpments to take place on flood plains and reclaimed swamps and this pushes the flood water into new area (never been flooded) so they are equation this to extra flood height event.
some furphies going on me thinks.
look for the reaction of old ime locals they aren't in a flap as they've seen or heard it all before.
On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:37:44 -0500, Bill who putters

--
Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

You know it is bad when you see things like this.
<http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8195243/frog-hitches-ride-with-snake -to-flee-floods>
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

From "The Etiquette of Freedom" Shakespeare Quote.