Does anyone have experience dehydrating Chinese vegetables?

I've read people hanging up pak choi to dry. I like to preserve bitter melon, Chinese okra (cee gwa), winter melon. My winter melons rot easily. Bitter melon ripens very fast and cee gwa gets tough very quickly. Since I usually get a big bunch bearing at the same time, much of it goes to waste.

Reply to
James

Ever tried a Google search on the subject? "Dehydrating vegetables" has about 2,510 topics. J.

Reply to
J.Venning

vegetables" has about 2,510 topics.

I know that, and I would have told you that it did, had I found it. = I was hoping you would sieve through and find one that dealt with = Chinese veg. Incidentally, have you ever tried fresh Chinese mustard = cabbage? It's called "kai choi" in Cantonese, and "jie cai" in Mandarin, = and I can tell you, there is *nothing* on this good Earth that can beat = that when placed in a soup (not cooked with it). J.

Reply to
J.Venning