Do I have to let seeds dry before planting them?

I got some seeds out of some jalapenos and am trying to get them to germinate. It's taking longer than I excepted and I was wondering if it matters whether or not you dry the seeds out first.

Reply to
samuel

Samuel, Put them out on a plate and let them air dry for a couple of days. I've also written an article on germinating chile seeds. Its up on my website at:

it helps, Scott

Reply to
urbanChiles

Were they ripe japs? You may have immature seeds as well.

John!

samuel wrote:

Reply to
GA Pinhead

I have never been able to get my Aji Dulce (c.chinense) seeds to germinate, either its too cold or dry or something. I finally had success by taking the seeds from ripe peppers and sticking them in the dirt fresh from the fruit. nina

Reply to
nina