Digging Hand tools

I have three different types. The wide mouth shovel was designed for moving soil oil sand etc to another place. It can dig holes. But my main tool for digging is the spade one called an irish spade as it digs and prys out just about anything. Has extra leverage and with a treadle can slice well. Smaller child spades can double as a mallet etc. Then there is the digging fork with square tines. Pierces and digs (aerates) and get potatoes well. This is not a pitch fork a tool designed for moving material.

Reply to
Bill who putters